We are more globally connected than ever before. We are also more frustrated and anxious than ever before; and possibly more disconnected – from real people & from nature. The purpose of this talk is to help people identify where their screen use is a hindrance rather than a help; and provide tips and tools to help them manage screen time more effectively.
- What is Digital Detox?
- Why do we need it?
- Mental Health impact
- Disconnect to Reconnect
- Tips on how to get started
- Grow awareness of the nature of the problem with overuse of screen time.
- Learn how to switch off – disconnect to reconnect
- Re-Value connecting to other (real) people and to nature
- Improve your mental health
- See the benefits in your sleep, your home, and your relationships!
About the Facilitator:
Niamh is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with the Psychological Society of Ireland, with a special interest in Positive Psychology and Mindfulness. She has spoken at a variety of events, such as the Mental Health & Wellbeing Summit (Aviva); the Student Leaders Congress (3Arena) and the Network Ireland Awards Conference. Niamh has facilitated hundreds of workshops, talks and trainings for companies and organizations, including UL, UCD, AIB, Allianz, RCPI, Irish Stock Exchange, Accenture, law firms, schools, and charities. She has worked therapeutically with adults and teens for 20 years and runs her own business, Mindworks.ie. She is also Chairperson on the Board of Directors for TeenLine Ireland (voluntary position).