Approximately 20% of people will encounter mental health issues during their lifetime. Every single one of us will experience tough times in our lives. We all need to look after our mental health and well-being, as well as our physical health, as it impacts on our happiness, our performance, our functioning; everything.
This one-hour talk has been developed to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of mental health and well-being
- Provide participants with tips and tools to enhance their mental health and well-being
- Topics covered include:
- Mental Health vs Mental Illness
- Recognising symptoms of Depression and Panic
- Becoming Present: a simple exercise (VAKGO)
- Tips on How you can Stay Well, incl. Diet, Exercise, Sleep, Connection
- Deep Breathing exercise to release Stress & Anxiety
- ‘Happy Place’ relaxation
About the Facilitator:
Niamh is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with the Psychological Society of Ireland, with a special interest in Positive Psychology and Mindfulness. She has spoken at a variety of events, such as the Mental Health & Wellbeing Summit (Aviva); Zeminar (RDS), the Student Leaders Congress (3Arena) and the Network Ireland Awards Conference. Niamh has facilitated hundreds of workshops, talks and trainings for companies and organizations, including UL, UCD, AIB, Allianz, RCPI, Irish Stock Exchange, Accenture, law firms, schools, charities. She has 20 years experience working 1to1, and runs her own business, Mindworks.ie. She is also Chairperson on the Board of Directors for TeenLine Ireland (voluntary position).